Starwood is the Parent company of 11 global hotel brands including St Regis, Sheraton, Four Points and Westin. With over 1300 hotels spread across 100 countries the group has a moderate presence in most major tourist and business destinations.
The Starwood group through its brands offers a wide variety of choice when it comes to standard of luxury. At its most basic level the group operates in the mid range market with its Four Points and Element brands and at its top end are its 5 star luxury resorts in the St Regis Hotels chain, The Luxury Collection and the W Hotels Brand.
Starwood hotels has a good history of choosing superb locations for its presence across all brands and if you are a loyal SPG customer you will find hotels in most prime locations around the world.
Starwood Preferred Guest – SPG Loyalty Program:
SPG is the official loyalty program of the Starwood hotels group. Via free membership, members of SPG will earn points on cash bookings which can be redeemed for free nights, upgrades and rewards. The more you stay the more your loyalty will be rewarded by working your way through the SPG tier system.
Full list of the 11 Starwood Hotels and Resorts brands:
- St Regis Hotels – High end 5 star luxury hotels for the discerning customer looking for that little bit extra. Located in the worlds largest City’s and luxury locations such as Bora Bora, Dubai and New York City.
- Sheraton Hotels and Resorts – Generally large city based hotels primarily targeted at business and short term luxury city break tourists.
- Westin Hotels and Resorts – Upscale and High end resorts located in prime locations globally.
- W Hotels – Large trendy luxury hotels and resorts catering for a younger clientele in some of the worlds trendiest and exotic locations both city and beach.
- Design Hotels – Another trendy Hotel brand with a modern feel and approach. Predominately located in Europe but also represented throughout the world.
- Four points by Sheraton – Trustworthy brand with a reliable standard of quality. A wide variety of locations mainly in the USA catering for tourists and business travelers alike.
- The Luxury Collection – Beautiful 5 star plus resorts in some the worlds most luxurious locations. Every hotels is guaranteed to have the wow factor and provide luxury like no other. The Luxury Collection is also the home of the once and possibly current most expensive hotel suite in the world at an astonishing $65,000 per night.
- A Loft – The smaller and equally as trendy little sister to the W Hotels brand offering a boutique style hotel experience. Primarily aimed at young tourists and on business travelers.
- Le Meridien – Luxury Hotels with a french designer feel. Le Meridien is all about discovery, relaxation and luxury.
- Tribute Portfolio – Somewhat similar to The luxury Collection but generally providing 4 star accommodations and locations.
- Element by Westin – A relatively modern chain with a new Eco philosophy. Most hotels within the brand are focused on sustainable energy sources and products and many are built using recycled materials.
Note: As of time of writing Starwood is currently in the process of being acquired by Marriott International which when and if combined would create the largest hotel group in the world. The deal is still subject to a lot of things but it is currently likely to happen.
Starwood Group Worldwide Hotel Offers and Deals:
- Earn 2x and 3x Starpoints with SPG More this Autumn 2016 Starwood Preferred guest has recently announced its latest bonus points promotion called SPG More. SPG Members will earn double points on stays during weekdays and triple points during weekend stays. To participate in the promotion SPG ...