Located on the edge of a private estate in the hills above Fuengirola, Spain lies this modern, trendy full service hotel, perfectly located for beach access whilst serving up a relaxing holiday within the hotel grounds. Perfectly located in the Costa del Sol and within easy reach of both Malaga and Marbella there is everything you could wish for nearby what ever your holiday wishes be.
Guest Rooms and Suites at the DoubleTree Reserva del Higueron:
- Standard Guest Rooms come is a few variations all of which are well appointed with large screen TVs, mini bars and decorated with a bright modern approach. Rooms with Twin beds or King Bed are available and come either with or without a sea view. All rooms have a decent size balcony with full height and width glass windows allowing excellent views when you awake.
- Deluxe Guest Rooms are similar to the above but only available with King Beds. Rooms provide more space and the Bath Tub is located near the window to allow you to relax whilst enjoying the view from the window.
- King Duplex Suites bring the addition of a second mezzanine floor where the large king bed is located along with freestanding bath tub and separate shower room and WC. On the lower floor is a second shower room and toilet along with a dinning area and sofa bed. The suite benefits from being on a higher floor and comes with two 42 inch televisions and a spiral staircase linking the two floors. Duplex suites are available with or without a sea view.
- One Bedroom suites offer all the luxury’s of the other suites but are spread across a single floor making them more suited to wheelchair users and people who might not like the idea of the narrow spiral staircase to get to the main sleeping area.
- King Panoramic Suites are essentially the same as the King Duplex Suite but come with the addition of a separate large round day bed seating area on the upper floor which is surrounded by panoramic views over looking the sea.
It must be noted that most rooms that feature a second bathroom, whilst the main shower room and toilet are located behind a conventional door the second bathroom is more open to the upper floor. Where rooms have free standing baths these will be located in the main sleeping area, not the bathroom. Consider your room choices depending on how comfortable you are with your fellow travelers.
All Suites sleep four and standard rooms sleep two. Roll away beds are apparently available but when we asked they seemed somewhat exclusive and extremely limited.
Restaurants and Dinning at DoubleTree Reserva del Higueron:
- Al Rolo – Fusion dinning, A la carte menu.
- Infinity snack bar – located on the roof top overlooking the me providing pool side dinning, drinks and snacks.
- La Higuerita – Open air dinning pool side within the main spa and fitness club pool area. Affordable meals perfectly suited for lunch or light evening eats.
- Palmeral – Located below the main lobby with views out to the med, Palmeral offers Buffet style breakfast, dinner and an A la Carte lunch Menu.
- Sollo – Exquisite fine dinning and tasting menus served in a Michelin starred restaurant by Chef Diego Gallegos. This place is not cheap but it certainly packs a punch in terms of quality and is very much worth the price.
Pool, Fitness and Spa facilities at DoubleTree Reserva del Higueron:
The hotel is also home to a fully featured spa, wellness and sports center with expansive gym facilities, tennis and racket ball courts. Volleyball courts are also available for use and indoor spa pool if your looking for a more tranquil swim away from the heat of the sun.
Nearby beaches – The hotel is only minutes from the beach but is not really suitable for walking. The nearest beach, Carvajal is located down a very steep hill and it is best to take the free beach shuttle. other beaches include:
- Fuengirola Beach – Vast, clean and very popular with lots to do along the sea front. Also packed with resturants and shopping makes it a very suitable spot to spend an evening.
- Arroyo Hondo beach – a smaller beach located a few miles west of the hotel is great if your looking for a quieter spot.
- Playa del Arroyo De La Miel – further west still is this large resort style beach with lounger and other amenities available to rent.
Golf Courses near DoubleTree Reserva del Higueron:
The area surrounding the Reserva del Higueron is packed full of Golf courses, over 70 in fact so finding the perfect spot to tee off will not be a problem. Some of the closest golf courses are:
- Mijas Golf International
- Santana Golf and Country club
- Calanova Golf Course
- Torrequebrada Golf Course
- Club de Golf El Chaparral
- The hotel offers a free shuttle to the beach and nearby Carvajal train station.
- The nearest airport is Malaga.
Nearby villages and attractions to DoubleTree Reserva del Higueron:
- Mijas – a small village steeped in history in the hills to the north of the hotel.
- Bioparc Fuengirola – Small zoo located in the town center.
- Tivoli World – Medium sized theme park in between Torremolinos and Benalmadena