Almost every tourist visitor to the United States of America will need a Visa unless you meet the criteria of the Visa Waiver Program.
To qualify for the Visa Wavier Program, visitors must meet the following basic criteria:
- Be a Citizen or National from one of the participating member countries.
- Not be precluded by criminal convictions.
- Not have been refused or broken the conditions of a previous Visa.
- Have not been denied entry previously.
- Travel on an approved carrier with return ticket.
- Obtain an ESTA authorization before travel.
- Be in possession of a Machine readable E-Passport.
Citizens or Nationals of the following countries currently eligible for visa wavier travel:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
Check online to see if you qualify for Visa Wavier Travel using the US VISA WIZARD TOOL
It should be noted that those planning to travel from a country eligible for the US visa wavier program need to meet strict criteria in order to qualify. Any kind of criminal record could preclude wavier travel and therefore would need to apply for a full tourist visa. Entry may still be refused for entry upon application. Please seek guidance from the US Visa Website for questions regarding criminal convictions.
Please only obtain ESTA or US Visas from the official websites or embassies. There are lots of companies offering fast track service etc for a fee, this is unnecessary and and a waste of time as you will have to go through the same process for a higher price with no priority service.
Official US Visa Service Website: US Department of State – Visas